Sub-editing and proofreading course – webinar over two half days in September
Taught by a former Sydney Morning Herald editor, this practical online course covers:
• how to tighten copy
• writing strong intros
• connecting paragraphs
• making sure the lead isn’t buried
• structuring copy so it flows well
• writing strong headlines for both print and online
• search engine optimisation (SEO) techniques
• knowing when to change other people’s copy
• grammar and punctuation tips
• maintaining consistency
• fact checking
• proofreading techniques
• using mark-up symbols
• how to manage production flow
• tips on working with writers and designers
• defamation and media law tips.
Only six places are available to ensure every participant receives personalised attention.
Editing exercises are included throughout the class so you can immediately practise what you’ve learnt.
Find out more and book tickets at: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/sub-editing-and-proofreading-short-course-webinar-over-two-half-days-tickets-162020574901?aff=Marmag
Send Message to listing owner
Listing Title: Sub-editing and proofreading course – webinar over two half days in September