Exclusive video interview: Richard Freudenstein, CEO, News Digital Media talks to marketingmag.com.au
While we were up at the Advertising and Marketing Summit in Sydney recently, we had a chance to pick the brain of Richard Freudenstein, CEO, News Digital Media. Fresh from presenting on the second day of the summit, Richard took five minutes to sit down with us, and we took the opportunity to ask him a few questions. You can watch the video interview at the bottom of this post:
- What would be some of the major points to take from your presentation today, that marketers in Australia will find particularly interesting?
- How long do you think it will be before online really sees a proportionate ad spend?
- Do you think that there is a danger during a recession period that people will retreat back to performance-based advertising, rather than invest in online branding initatives?
- Do you think well see a time when social networking sites such as MySpace become genuinely monetisable assets?
- What are some major innovations that News Digital are pursuing, specifically with regards to new revenue models online?
If youd like to find out more about some of the research that Richard was presenting at the Advertising and Marketing Summit, check out the news story on News Digitals Insight Report – you can also download the entire report there.
If youve got something to say about Richards answers, feel free to get stuck into the comments below, and consider recording your own video response. Just get in touch with me if you want us to load your video response up onto the site and well be happy to oblige.