Facebook moves into geo-located deals
Facebook has moved into the geo-located deals space in Australia with a number of big-brand partners: 7-Eleven, Commonwealth Bank, KFC and Westfield.
“With over 92,000 Facebook fans and 500 7-Eleven stores in Australia, the new Facebook Check in Deals platform will enable us to bridge the gap between online engagement and real world experience,” said Julie Laylock, head of marketing at 7-Eleven.
The social media giant and number one Australian website by visitors (by reach), is offering businesses a means to leverage its platform by offering customers deals. The platform is in a beta stage and free at this time.
Brands can offer four types of Deal:
- Individual: businesses can offer a basic deal such as 20 percent off an item or a free gift with purchase.
- Friend: this allows businesses to provide Deals to groups of up to eight people, when they check in together.
- Loyalty: to focus on rewarding loyal customers, businesses can create a Loyalty Deal, which may be claimed after no fewer than two and no more than 20 check-ins.
- Charity: businesses can donate to a charity of their choice each time a user checks in.
Businesses’ deals will be visible when users look at nearby places on a Facebook application on their smartphone and in news feeds if shared by friends.
The launch partners’ deals are below:
- Check into any 7-Eleven store and claim a 450ml Coke, Coke Zero or Diet Coke for only $1.
- Redemption Dates and Details: Starting Monday 15th August and lasting for one week.
- Where deal is available: All 7-Eleven stores across Australia.
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Check into any Commonwealth Bank branch and receive free movie vouchers for a whole year when you open an Everyday Account.
- Redemption Dates: Starts Monday 15th August to September 15th, or until sold out (available to first 2200 customers only). Full terms and conditions at commbank.com.au/facebookmovieoffer.
- Where deal is available: All Commonwealth Bank branches across Australia.
- Check into any local KFC store and be rewarded with a VIP coupon for one large Krusher and one regular Chips for only $4.45.
- Redemption Dates + Details: Starts Monday 15th August with deals being accessible for 24 hours. The offer is limited to one coupon per customer and cannot be forwarded to other people.
- Where deal is available: All KFC stores across Australia.
- Shoppers who check into any Westfield centre during the week commencing Monday 15th August will receive 30 percent off all full-priced jewellery at Angus & Coote. Cotton On will offer 30 percent off all full-priced items for the week commencing 22nd August. A further two specialty retailers will offer deals for the remaining weeks.
- Redemption Dates: Starts Monday 15th August and will run for a four week period.
- Where deal is available: All Westfield centres nationally.