42% of Aussies chained to desks
A recent survey by Best Western Australasia has discovered that the majority of Australians need a holiday but can’t get away due to work commitments.
Over 2000 people responded to the survey, which found that work and family commitments have prevented travel-loving Aussies from packing up and taking off.
Rob Anderson, CEO of Best Western Australasia said, “Although Australians love to travel, the stress of work and family commitments have stopped them planning their well-needed breaks. In fact, it’s when we feel stressed and overwhelmed, that it’s necessary to get away and recharge your batteries”.
Respondents to the survey said:
· 42% said they needed a holiday but haven’t been able to go on one due to work commitments and stress
· 13.6% said they needed a holiday but haven’t been able to go one on due to family commitments
· 9.8% said they needed a holiday after the cold winter
· 8.6% said they needed a holiday but haven’t been able to due to lack of funds, and
· 6.9% said they needed a holiday to celebrate a special event (birthday, anniversary, passing exams etc).