Ariel’s #ShareTheLoad campaign cleans up at the APAC Effie Awards
Ariel Matic has been awarded Brand of the Year and Procter and Gamble has been awarded Marketer of the year at 2016 APAC Effie Awards for their work on the Indian washing detergent brand’s #ShareTheLoad campaign.
The two client awards were introduced for the first time this year to recognise the joint efforts and collaborations between clients and agencies to produce successful work.
To cap the honours, BBDO India, the agency for the campaign, took the Effie for Agency of the Year. The ‘Share The Load’ campaign took the Grand Effie in the category of GoodWorks – Brand.
An Australian campaign took a gold award in the Travel and Tourism category: Tiger Airlines’ ‘Tiger Infrequent Flyers Club,’ created by McCann Melbourne.
New Zealand excelled, taking out five golds, seven silvers and two bronzes.
Other awards taken home by Australians were:
- SPC Ardmona’s #MyFamilyCan campaign by Leo Burnett, Melbourne, in the Food category,
- MS society’s ‘Ugly Disease Turned Beautiful’ campaign, by Grey, in the Brand Experience category,
- ANZ’s ‘push for an equal future, by Whybin TBWA Melbourne, in the GoodWorks – Brand category,
And bronze for:
- Ford’s ‘Tough is Not Enough’ by Blue Hive Australia, in the Automotive category,
- Nimble’s ‘Nimble it and move on,’ by McCann Melbourne, in the Financial Products and Services category,
- Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation’s ‘Bet Regret,’ by McCann Melbourne, in the Government/Institutional category,
- Perth Racing’s ‘Ashbeclee,’ by 303MullenLowe, in the Media, Entertainment and Leisure category, and
- OfficeMax Australia’s ‘A Day Made Better Teacher Awards,’ by Ogilvy Melborube, in the category of Other Products and Services.
Organised by the Confederation of Asian Advertising Agency Associations (CAAAA) and Tenasia Group, the APAC Effie Awards honours the regions most outstanding marketing communications works.
Here’s the video from the award-winning #ShareTheLoad campaign: