Big Won good to Leo Burnett
The results are in – Leo Burnett is the cream of the crop in Australia… well, according to The Big Won 2008 rankings.
Leo Burnett Sydney heads the list of Australian agencies, with JWT Sydney in second place, followed by DDB Sydney.
The Big Won is a survey of the world’s best marketing communications as measured by the quantity and quality of awards won. In 2008, nearly 12,000 awards were logged and were won by 1702 different agencies.
In the global standings for 2008, The Big Won awarded ‘World’s Best Agency’ to BBDO New York, followed by two German agencies, Jung von Matt, Hamburg (which came first in 2007) and Scholz & Friends, Berlin.
BBDO New York’s ‘Voyeur’ campaign for broadcasting organisation HBO was voted as the best campaign, though kudos was given to Lowe & Rivet’s ‘Welcome Snoop’, campaign for MTV which came ninth globally and was the only Australian campaign to appear in the top 20.
Top 10 Australian agencies:
- Leo Burnett Sydney (223 points)
- JWT Sydney (175)
- DDB Sydney (132)
- Lowe & Rivet Australia (112)
- Clemenger BBDO Melbourne (97)
- Mark/M&C Saatchi Sydney (80)
- Saatchi & Saatchi Sydney (76)
- BMF Sydney (68)
- M&C Saatchi Sydney (66)
- Leo Burnett Melbourne (46)
Top 10 Australian campaigns by all media:
- MTV Welcome Snoop – Lowe & Rivet Sydney (112 points)
- WWF Earth Hour – Leo Burnett Sydney (70)
- Herringbone Henris Hands – M&C Saatchi Sydney (50)
- Thrifty Birthday Girl – JWT Sydney (47)
- Schweppes Burst – George Patterson Y&R Melbourne (38)
- Fosters Skytroop – Clemenger BBDO Melbourne (30)
- Lion Nathan TED 696 Project – BMF Sydney (26)
- McDonalds Name It Burger – Leo Burnett Sydney (25)
- 9= Olympus Echidna/Koala – JWT Sydney (22) & 9= RACV Disclaimer – Clemenger BBDO Melbourne (22)