Cannes speakers announced: the Lord, the Knights and the football star
The line up of speakers at this year’s Cannes Lions, the 59th International Festival of Creativity, have been announced.
As usual it’s a long and illustrious list, including stars of the advertising field, the writing field, and the football field:
- Lord Sebastian Coe, chair of the London 2012 Organising Committee, and formerly chairman of the bid committee,
- Sir John Hegarty, worldwide creative director and founder, BBH,
- Andrew Keller, CEO and partner, Crispin, Porter and Bogusky,
- Michael Patrick King, Emmy Award-winning writer, director and producer,
- Smokey Robinson, singer/songwriter and the man Bob Dylan pronounced to be America’s “greatest living poet”,
- Ronaldo Nazario de Lima, Brazilian football legend for Barcelona, Real Madrid, Intern Milan, AC Milan and the Brazilian national team, and current UNICEF ambassador,
- Peter Roth, president, Warner Bros. Television,
- Sir Martin Sorrell, chief executive, WPP, and
- Dan Wieden, co-founder and global executive creative director, Wieden and Kennedy.
More information on seminars and competitions is available on the festival website, including – last but not least – the Beach Soccer Tournament.