Eye Media out of home reclaims Sydneys T2 domestic terminal
In the ultra-competitive out of home advertising sector, Eye Media have secured a major coup by retaining the lucrative advertising rights to Sydney Airport’s T2 Domestic Terminal. For marketers, the out of home sector is becoming an increasingly important consideration when it comes to deciding on their media spend, and the digital innovations Eye Media is introducing for the T2 domestic terminal will enable marketers to spearhead innovative and engaging product and brand communications in a targeted environment.
Mike Tyquin, CEO for Eye Media Australia and New Zealand commented, EYE’s proposal for T2, will see a number of market firsts in the innovation and technology arena which reinforces EYE’s demonstrated commitment as leaders in the airport media environment.
The win helps cement Eye Media as the key player in the digital airport out of home space. The domestic terminal T2 is Australia’s largest terminal, and is a primary access point for both business and leisure passengers.
Some facts and figures about T2:
- Sydney’s T2 is Australia’s busiest airport*
- 11 million passenger movements annually*
- Sydney Airport Corporation invested $20 million into the recent re-development*
- Eye Fly digital network will capture 100% of arriving and departing passengers.
- T2 is a destination of choice for travellers who spend an average of 1 hour 40 minutes at the terminal prior to flying.
- Travellers arrive early to visit the retail and food court areas, with 2 in 3 making a purchase on
their last visit.
- Travellers notice advertising as they make their journey to and
through the terminal. 34% notice advertising on roads approaching the
airport, 27% at check-in and 31% in baggage claim area.
- Business and leisure audience exposure, high traffic and dwell time considered most attractive elements of T2 advertising offer
- T2 advertising is considered as effective at achieving campaign
objectives, offering a variety of formats and locations, and a strong
- All media planners/buyers rated the advertising offering as equal to or better than other Out- of-Home options in Sydney.
Mr Tyquin added, Among our ANZ airport media portfolio, which reaches more than 100 million passengers, T2 provides an outstanding environment, offering business and leisure travellers a great passenger experience in what is a classically captive environment. EYE’s media development plan will maximise opportunities for advertisers to reach departing passengers at various times during their average 1 hour, 40 minute dwell-time and will target arrivals with precision.
Sydney Airports newly redeveloped T2 Domestic Terminal is quickly becoming EYE’s showcase airport, with the imminent introduction of new products and digital innovation never before seen in the airport environment across Australia and New Zealand.
Targeting 100 percent of departing business and leisure travellers within the Check-In and Security precinct at Sydney T2 Domestic Terminal, a large format Landscape Digital display and two Portrait Digital Eyelites provides a complementary media opportunity. The dominant Landscape Digital display is approximately 6m x 2m in size. EYE’s digital media executions are limited to three, seven-second creative executions via multiple flash file animations.
(Sources: Eye Fly, T2 Research, Colmar Brunton, September 2007/ * SACL, 2007)
If youre interested in more news about Eye Media, check out the Related Articles over in the sidebar. You might also consider visiting the Eye site to find out more.