Facebook FarmVille more popular than Twitter
Facebook has announced that its application FarmVille has more users than social media rival Twitter, accruing 63.7 million players since its launch in June 2009.
The company has also updated its usage statistics, announcing that it passed 350 million users who clock up 200 billion page views a month.
According the social networker, 1.4 million photos are uploaded to Facebook every second. About 70% of Facebook users are outside the US, and more than 700,000 local businesses have active Pages on Facebook.
This includes more than one million developers and entrepreneurs from more than 180 countries.
There are more than 65 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices, with more than 180 mobile operators in 60 countries working to deploy and promote Facebook mobile products.
Other statistics released by the social networking giant include:
- 50% of active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- Average user has 130 friends on the site
- Average user spends more than 55 minutes per day on Facebook
- More than 35 million users update their status each day
- More than 55 million status updates posted each day
- More than 2.5 billion photos uploaded to the site each month
- More than 3.5 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each week
- More than 1.6 million active Pages on Facebook
- Pages have created more than 5.3 billion fans
- More than 350,000 active applications are available on Facebook Platform
- More than 250 applications have more than one million monthly active users, and
- More than 15,000 websites, devices and applications have implemented Facebook Connect since its general availability in December 2008.