Linktree and Square launch a Passion Fund worth US$250,000 to make career dreams come true
Linking platform Linktree has partnered with payment technology partner Square to launch Passion Fund, with US$250,000 up for grabs. Submissions will be evaluated by a panel of self-made business leaders, creators, founders and digital experts.
The Passion Fund is aimed at creators, business owners, activists, or anyone who applies and needs investment to turn their career dream into a reality.
Submissions are open from 27th of May. There are three tiers and funds will be awarded as follows:
- Gold: 9 x US$20,000
- Silver: 10 x US$4000
- Bronze 10 x US$1000
In addition, there will be a People’s Choice Award Winner, who is selected by the public and will receive US$20,000.
“The tremendous growth the creator economy is experiencing can make it harder for some to breakthrough and the Passion Fund provides an opportunity for creators to receive financial resources and industry expertise to bring their work and passion to a global audience,” said Alex Zaccaria, co-founder and CEO of Linktree.
The judging panel includes:
- Karamo: American television host, reality television personality, author, actor, and activist. Karamo currently stars as the culture/life coach expert on Queer Eye.
- Li Jin: Founder and General Partner of Atelier Ventures, an early-stage VC fund focused on the passion economy and future of work. She was previously a consumer partner at Andreessen Horowitz.
- Grace Beverley: Successful entrepreneur shaking up the archaic business world, with a global reach of over 1.5 million and founder of two brands that are paving the way in D2C fitness concepts. Grace was Natwest GBEA Young Entrepreneur of the Year and named first in Forbes 30 under 30’s retail and e-commerce list, aged twenty-three.
- Alex Zaccaria: Linktree co-founder and CEO. Alex has been a serial entrepreneur and creator since his teens, managing musicians and generating revenue streams for his artists, before launching a digital agency, which Linktree was born out of.
- Lauren Weinberg: Square’s Global Head of Marketing. For the past four years, she has led Square’s marketing and communications teams, helping tell its story of economic empowerment.