Marketers market radio
Commercial Radio Australia (CRA) has recruited marketers to speak on the benefits of radio advertising.
According to CRA CEO Joan Warner, the campaign aims to highlight how marketers with divergent goals use radio. The campaign comes after a Deloitte report found advertising revenues slipped for CRA, but audience grew.
“The testimonials from real people, and from businesses that rely heavily on advertising dollars, help prove the effectiveness of radio and are a powerful endorsement about the strength of the medium in getting a message across,” said Warner.
Marketers and brands involved in the campaign are:
- i-Select’s Roger McBridge, general manager – marketing and media
- GlaxoSmithKline’s Elena Pintado, senior brand manager – enterprise and nutritionals
- Geeks2Us David Hancock, managing director
- SMG Australia’s Bob Goodge, national client management and investment director, and
- Comedian Mark Mitchell hosts the interview style ads.
They also include an interview with Mark McCrindle, principal of McCrindle Reseach.
The ads were created by, specialist radio agency, Eardrum and can be heard at www.commercialradio.com.au/index.cfm?page_id=1404.