Salesforce.com connects smartphone apps to its Journey Builder product
Salesforce.com has introduced Journey Builder for Apps, bringing smartphone apps into customer journey-planning and execution environment.
Journey Builder for Apps essentially connects a brands smartphone apps to the business processes and data housed in a company’s Salesforce CRM.
Salesforce’s announcement includes the following details on Journey Builder for Apps:
- Create and plan customer app journeys: companies can now map out customer journeys with simple, intuitive Journey Maps, and then activate those journeys inside mobile apps and across any digital channel with a single click. Journeys can be triggered by any interaction with the app and users will receive personalised communications based on choices they make and actions they take in apps, on websites, or through any other digital interaction with a brand.
- Drive app downloads and engagement: marketers can drive multi-channel marketing across channels like email and social advertising to drive app downloads, create mobile notifications to drive app adoption and publish targeted in-app content to drive deeper app engagement.
- build journeys fast with Journey Templates: Pre-built journeys help companies boost app downloads, on-board new app users with a great first experience, increase app engagement with personalised content and optimise customer engagement with analytics.
- connect apps to any customer interaction: Automated triggers can publish new content based upon the context of the customer, including updated loyalty program data or recent app usage. In addition, companies can set up wait times, decision splits and custom triggers that leverage real-time data across sales, marketing, service and communities, and
- connect locations and products to the journey: Customer journeys can also be triggered based on data from geo-fencing, beacons and wearable devices. The Journey Builder for Apps SDK and Salesforce1 Platform service Heroku offer powerful and easy ways for companies to integrate connected spaces and products into their apps.