The top 50 searched-for local services of 2013
Removalists are now the top most-searched-for job category across Australia, moving up from second place to first in the second quarter of 2013.
The report, released today by local service search website Oneflare details the 50 top performing local businesses for the third quarter of 2013. Oneflare pulled data from over 35,000 Australian service providers to provide analysis of all job requests made during the period July to September this year.
The authors were not surprised by the finding that removalists are the most in-demand local service, putting their popularity down to mortgage-financing constraints that prevent some households from home purchase and towards the rental market.
“This report reflects the changing trends in Australian business – even businesses operating on a smaller scale,” says Marcus Lim, CEO and co-founder of Oneflare.
“Businesses that traditionally only advertised in newspapers are listing online and recognising the importance of online reviews at a phenomenal rate. It’s obvious that demand for these local business services are being met with enthusiasm by the Australian public who expect local businesses to be listed online now more than ever.
“Small businesses are the cornerstone of the economy and this report indicates an increasing propensity for local businesses in your suburb to recognise the power of the Internet and the increased opportunities it affords to generate leads and improve business growth.”
Top trends for Q3 2013 identified by Oneflare include:
- Removalists are Australia’s top performing home service category and have exhibited growth of over 40% since quarter two of this year.
- Cleaners are some of the most-searched-for businesses in Australia although job requests for the cleaning industry have slowed down by almost 28%, they still comprise almost 10% of job requests, indicating that the cleaning industry is a booming business.
- Business is booming for builders: job requests for the building trade are experiencing steady growth, with a combined growth of over 360% in the number of job requests for builders, concreters, plasterers and glaziers.
- More SMBs than ever before listing online: handymen are leading the way with an almost 240% increase in the amount of handymen listing their businesses online, followed closely by fencers (190%), removalists (160%) and landscapers (120%).
- Increase in outdoor services job requests: demand for outdoor services such as landscaping, gardening, tree lopping and pest control has jumped by over 190% since the second quarter of this year.
- Decrease in demand for financial services: unsurprisingly perhaps given the EOFY rush is over, demand for accountants and auditing dropped by 175%.
The Oneflare top 50 jobs and growth by quarter are:
|Category name||Q3 rank||Q2 rank||Q2vQ3 % growth|
|Air Conditioning and Heating||32||36||72.22%|
Image courtesy of Oneflare