What’s inside the October-November issue of Marketing
Wonder no longer, Dear Readers, the wait is over. The October-November 2013 issue of Marketing is out now available and is packed with insightful and authoritative analysis, opinion and insight. As well as talking to David Scribner and picking apart Bundaberg’s story, this issue dives deeper into media, with an infographic on global consumption habits and local ad spending habits, a look at EMMA and a study of the intersection of outdoor with mobile marketing.
What’s inside Marketing October-November 2013:
COVER STORY: CAREER PROFILE: THE STARTING QUARTERBACK
David ‘Scribbles’ Scribner, now in the enviable position of being a marketer in charge of the company, reflects on the career path that got him here and the wisdom learnt along the way.
BRAND PROFILE: THE RUM DIARIES
There aren’t many Australian brands that have enjoyed a 125-year history, but this November marks the anniversary of Bundaberg Distilling Company first producing a liquid in 1888 that has gone on to become an Aussie icon and, with overwhelming dominance of the local spirits market, it has plenty to celebrate.
PRINT: WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT EMMA
With industry-backing and world-leading methodology, the new EMMA readership system is a bright patch of news in the publishing world but it has created an enemy in Roy Morgan and, in the long run, only one will win out.
OOH/MOBILE: LET US ENTERTAIN YOU
With digital and mobile technology changing the way brands connect with consumers we investigate how out-of-home media is evolving into mobile-enabled branded properties, and the ways your brand can benefit from the ability to tap or scan.
PROMOTIONAL MARKETING: TANGIBLE BRAND
Let’s hit the streets to find out what’s happening in the world of experiential and promotional marketing – there’s a lot more involved than just putting products in people’s hands.
Media use and ad spend trends, with global and local data on consumption and ad spend.
- Visualising the perfect espresso: ‘The Naked Espresso’ for Breville by Reborn
- There’s no place like home: ‘No Place Like Home’ for Bulla by The Bridge
- Building a master brand: Masters Home Improvement brand creation for Woolworths/Lowe’s by Hulsbosch
- An apple a day: ‘Staffroom for Improvement’ for QT Mutual Bank by Digicon/Sitecore
BRAND TALK: ’10 things great brands do’ by Karl Treacher
- MOST READ: The 10 commandments of marketing in challenging times by Duncan Wakes-Miller
- MOST SHARED: The future of social selling by Adam Thorp
- EDITOR’S CHOICE: 10 things all marketers can learn from a search geek by Jonathan Keane
- MOST COMMENTED: The key reasons CRM implementations fail by Marc Englaro
AN OPEN LETTER TO… media strategists: be not afraid of programmatic advertising by Mi9’s Marc Barnett
B2B TODAY: The year of the mobile has come and gone by Emily Kelley
THE DEBATE: Are catch-up TV viewers worth less? With MCN, SBS, MediaCom and Zeebox.