Yahoo!7s video platform
This innovative platform brings together all video content across Yahoo!7, giving users a unique destination for mass video consumption. The addition of new features, such as an easy to navigate homepage; indexed video collections from around the globe; integration of a new flash video player; and all videos presented in a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio, Yahoo!7 video makes it effortless for users to discover, manage and share video content online. Consumers will also enjoy a deep and social video experience, through the creation of personalised playlists and the ability to embed their favourite clips and playlists easily into blogs or social networking sites.
In addition to the new platform and player, Yahoo!7 has bolstered its content line-up. Users will enjoy the latest videos from all of Yahoo!7’s properties including: News, Sport, Music, Lifestyle and more. The site will include user-generated content as well as exclusive content from an extensive range of high-calibre partners, such as:
- Lonely Planet: Users will be able to enjoy the best of the Lonely Planet TV as well as a selection of holiday destination videos.
- Prom Queen: In an Australian exclusive, the new Girlfriend Network will launch the hit US studio production, Prom Queen – a made-for-web series boasting eighty episodes.
- Quiksilver: As one of the world’s leading boarding lifestyle and apparel companies, Quiksilver has dug deep to offer the best from its content vault including Young Guns 2 and 3, Letting Go, First Chapter and Shimmer.
- The Beijing Olympics: As the official online partner for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, visitors to Yahoo!7 will enjoy a huge archive of exclusive videos covering the greatest moments in Olympic history from the Olympic Television Archive Bureau.
- Tourism Australia: Users will enjoy My Australia vignettes featuring Australian celebrities talking about their favourite Australian holiday destinations, as well as key videos from its recent Bluelist Australia campaign.
- Seven Network: The Seven Network will continue to provide Yahoo!7 with exclusive content including: sneak peaks, recaps and behind the scenes footage of their hit TV shows as well as archived segments of Lifestyle programs such as Better Homes & Gardens.