Finalists for the 2008 MADC Awards
Excitement is building for the upcoming MADC awards as the finalists for all categories were announced today by Chairman of Judges Warren Brown. Regarded as the peak industry state awards for advertising and design,
the industry night of nights will be held at Peninsula, Shed 14 on
Central Pier, Docklands, on Friday 13 June. Tickets are on sale now.
With nominations up ten per cent on last year, and new awards such as Account Service of the Year, Best Viral and Digital Innovation, this year’s event looks certain to be an excellent showcase of Melbourne’s best talent.
The finalists for the highly anticipated Best Television Commercial awards are:
Category 27: The Clemenger BBDO Award for Best 30 Second Television/Cinema Commercial
- DDB Group Melbourne for Christine, Heinz
- M&C Saatchi for Credits, ANZ
- GREY for Manufacturing, WorkSafe Victoria
- Marylin & Sons for Exceptionally Average (Pachelbels Cannon), Dunlop Footwear
- George Patterson Y&R for Symphony, Fosters Australia
- cumminsnitro for Feet Factory, Clarks
Category 28: The George Patterson Y&R Award for Best 45+ Second Television/Cinema Commercial
- Leo Burnett for Uncurious Creatures, Seek
- Clemenger BBDO Melbourne for Brewtopia, Fosters Group
- Clemenger BBDO Melbourne for Skytroop, Fosters Group
- GREY for Flying Fish Tackle, Simplot
- GREY for Pictures Of You, Transport Accident Commission
- Publicis Mojo Australia for Bourke, Toyota Motor Corporation Australia
- George Patterson Y&R for BURST, Cadbury Schweppes
Category 29: The Flagstaff Studios Award for Best Television/Cinema Campaign Finalists:
- GREY for WorkSafe Supervisors Campaign, WorkSafe Victoria
- Publicis Mojo Australia for Toyota AFL, Toyota Motor Corporation Australia
“The 2008 finalists provide a unique and current snapshot of the Melbourne advertising and design industry. The awards night will give the local industry an opportunity to reflect on a great year and celebrate our wealth of talent,” Warren Brown said.
In total, the Clemenger Group (BBDO, BLUE, CHE, NetX) has the most finalists (28).
For a single agency, GREY has the most finalists (12), followed closely by Clemenger BBDO (11), cumminsnitro (10) and Leo Burnett (10).
For Direction and Cinematography, Exit Films dominate, as do Level Two Music in the Sound categories.