Seven to launch third digital channel
The Seven Network will be launching a new digital channel, 7mate next month.
The HD channel will target men aged 16-49 and will kick off on 25 September with the AFL Grand Final.
Seven is the first commercial television network to launch a ‘third channel’, as 7mate comes after Seven’s 7TWO.
“The launch of 7mate delivers us a tremendous platform of channels targeting specific audience demographics – leveraging our primary channel’s success with women and 7TWO’s targeting of a 25+ adult audience,” said David Leckie, CEO of Seven Media Group.
Tim Worner, director of programming said that the channel is not designed to alienate female viewers, despite male-focused programming.
Programme scheduling includes:
- New episodes of Family Guy, Amercian Dad and Last Comic Standing,
- Comedies such as How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs and That 70s Show,
- New series: Caprica, Warehouse 13 and Stargate Atlantis,
- Factual programming : Fifth Gear, The Universe, Life After People, The Boneyard, Mega Movers and
- Men’s movies including The Ringer, Strangers and Primeval.