Australia/NZ contingent does well at this year’s Facebook Studio Awards
The winners of the 2014 Facebook Studio Awards have been announced today, with Australian and New Zealand ad agencies taking home four of 15 international Facebook Studio Awards.
“We talk a lot about the revolution happening in technology, but this is paralleled by a creative revolution of equal value,” said Mark D’Arcy, Facebook’s chief creative officer. “The Studio Awards don’t simply celebrate the best work; they shine a spotlight on the brands and agencies who are accelerating this change, connecting to the people that really matter and driving growth in their business.”
This year’s Blue Award, the top honour in the awards, went to Droga5 and Heineken USA for ‘If We Made It,’ a Newcastle Brown Ale campaign created to compete with flashier Super Bowl ads.
2014 featured the, “most geographically diverse group of winners in the Awards’ three-year history,” Facebook said in a statement. This year also introduces a new category highlighting not-for-profit campaigns, Facebook for Good. Our first Blue for Good award went to BBDO and Amnesty International for Trial by Timeline, which makes people aware of egregious criminal sentences being levied by governments around the world.
See the full list of winners below:
If We Made It — Droga5 and Heineken USA (USA)
Blue for Good
- Trial by Timeline — Colenso BBDO / AIM Proximity and Amnesty International (New Zealand)
- Bentley Burial — Leo Burnett Tailor Made and Brazilian Association of Organ Transplant (Brazil)
- Try My Hybrid — Saatchi & Saatchi Norway and Toyota Norway (Norway)
- Leon Vivien — DDB Paris and Musee de la Grande Guerre (France)
- Wendy’s Bacon Portabella Melt on Brioche — VML and Wendy’s (USA)
- The Most Powerful Arm — Finch and Save Our Sons & Duchenne Foundation (Australia)
- The Smart Phone Line — Colenso BBDO / AIM Proximity and Samsung New Zealand (New Zealand)
- FootifyFM — Clemenger BBDO and National Australia Bank (Australia)
- Social Flyer — North Strategic and SportChek (Canada)
- The Longest Bench In The World — Contexta and SO Appenzeller GmbH (Switzerland)
- The Hornbach Hammer — HEIMAT Berlin and AG Hornbach Baumarkt (Germany)
- Reclaim Your Angus — 72andSunny and CKE (USA)
- Made By You Issue — FoxyMoron and Worldwide Media (India)
- Playland Hot Seat — Rethink Communications and Playland (Canada)