Squarespace releases new product add-on for Australian creators to monetise their content
Website building tool Squarespace has launched a new product add-on that allows creators to monetize their website by gating content in members-only areas.
The release is called ‘Member Areas’ and Squarespace says it helps to support customers to take ownership of and montise their content by allowing them to create a native business model within the website and launch their ‘side hustles’. The feature is an add-on product and subscription plans start at $9 a month.
Platforms like Patreon are gaining momentum particularly since the pandemic hit with 30,000 creators launching it in the first 3 weeks of March 2020. Similarly, writers seem to be flocking to platforms like Substack. Squarespace is building on this momentum and trend with the creation of Member Areas.
The add-on allows subscribers to:
- Create fully customisable groups that work for their specific business needs
- Offer membership levels
- Create multiple members-only areas on their website
- Easily manage members in one convenient location
- Set membership costs that are either a one-time fee or recurring membership payment
- Keep email marketing lists automatically in-sync with their memberships
Squarespace is emphasising that the product allows the user to maintain the quality of their brand across all customer touchpoints, including website and email campaigns. Member Areas is the brands biggest launch of 2020.