Fast track – using brand development research to get ahead
A new white paper by research firm Ruby Cha Cha explores how businesses can use brand research to reinvigorate their marketing.
This article was sponsored by Ruby Cha Cha to let readers know about its new whitepaper, Understanding Brand Development Research »
The report ‘Understanding Brand Development Research’ by boutique market research and strategic planning consultancy Ruby Cha Cha details exactly how and why businesses should be investigating customer attitudes toward their brand.
Ruby Cha Cha says brand development research is vital to ensuring brands stay “ahead of the game” in a modern marketing scene.
Done well, brand development research can help businesses:
- fine tune current and future brand positioning
- appraise brand health and perception
- analyse competitors
- determine core demographics
- plan and develop the right imagery for their brand, and
- know how far their brand can stretch.
The white paper says brand development research is about “bringing the customer’s conscious and unconscious emotion into the picture to assist us – from the creation of a new brand, through to the development and ongoing management of existing brands.”
For new brands, research is essential in uncovering gaps in the market, finding clear customer insight, identifying the strengths and weakness of competitors and finding a way to influence market change.
“Ordinary focus groups and brand health research are not enough to get to the
heart of brand development,” says the report. Instead of “rear-view mirror tools,” emotional, future-focused research creates an emotional hook for the brand.
The full report also outlines in detail:
- the five major marketing decisions facilitated by brand development research
- four ways it can help develop emotional connections between brands and customers, and
- three steps to aligning research outcomes with business decisions.
View the full report and see how brand development research could help your brand »
Image credit:lalo Hernandez